For an intersesting video on the open source economies see http://blog.ted.com/2008/04/16/yochai_benkler_1/ ).
3) Degradation and destruction of the ecological biosphere.
5) Climate crisis based on CO2 emissions.
Here are some forms that money interplay is experienced in our life
Money experienced as
1) As share in the goods of the planet
Let us start again from three significant values for the individual and the society that we have stated before for other spheres of life, and think what they entail for the economy too:
The individual is to
2) Become truly self-confident and free to be responsible as much as possible for the self, without being coerced to accept some higher institutional authority, or allow private groups to degrade the quality of public and private life.
In this way every central monetary bank for each state or group of states with the same currency, may become, metaphorically speaking "the Minotaur or Tyrannosaur Rex of the kingdom": a monster that consumes the childrem of the country.
On the other hand, if the privilege to print money is returned to the people and the public state, then the flow of the newly printed money can be ruled to be mainly through public investments, subsidies etc; The power of economics through its financial organisations, should not be stronger than the power of public politics. In such a normalized monetary system, the average enterprise will have liabilities less than 1/3 of its total assets. In other words financially mainly responsible and owners of their business. The above in very simple terms is the cure of the over-debt of the monetary system. In a cured from over-debt monetary system, "banking" and the re-distribution of surplus money, need not utilize fractional reserve. The dominating mode of financing in a cured from over-debt, monetary system is not lending (non-ownership) but rather investing (co-ownership). The development of new laws around the crowdfunding through the internet may facilitate the passage from lending to investing, in financing.
About the details of fractional reserve in banking see e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional_reserve
(see e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_currency )
co-ownership through shares etc.
Maybe a new economy is emerging which starts at the level of households (bottom-up change), that can be aggregated in to unconceivable hitherto social power, with ways similar to the aggregation of creative e-products, that is emerging in the internet.
Are the current factors of wealth distribution based on
a) Operational negotiation power
b) Highly unequal distribution of natural resources
the best for a fair, happier and prosperous society?
Should we not always reconsider the issue of fair and best distribution of the wealth based on principles like
a) Equivalent rights of basic needs of individuals and groups.
b) Fairly assessed contribution through work, talents, expertise and other private resources to the collective good.
c) Universal equal rights and obligations of humanity on the critical global natural resources of the planet (like drinkable water, sea, forests , basic animal diversity etc) .
d) Universal equal rights and obligations of humanity on the critical global artificial resources of the planet (like currency issuing, critical technology etc).
Some more details and remarks:
Here are a list of 7 principles and 21 values for a better self, society and life
1) No other individual or group has the right to determine how the individual will think and feel about himself (herself) without his (her) consent, other than the individual itself.An individual human being , at a final deeper analysis, belongs neither to family, nor to community, nor to church, nor to state, nor to society. A human individual is not property. This does not mean that each individual must put an emphasis to his (her) self, above others, the society, and the world. The individual being part and being responsible for aspects of the whole of humanity and the planet is a healthy attitude, as the fates of both are correlated.
2) The survival of the individual and the survival of planetary nature are in a win-win interplay. The civilization is to refrain from exercising violence and indirect destruction upon nature, instead is to conduct eco-sustainable practices. Animal rights are respected and sentient animals are honored The adopted energy model is of CO2-clean, ubiquitous and cheap renewable energy. An unconditional minimum income from childhood to old age should guarantee the decent survival and minimum living standards for each individual either he/she is working or not.
The principle of sexual happiness
4) Sexual life is a significant part of human happiness, and is respected and encouraged in its private different forms, as long as in its turn respects community and social life.
5) The choices of the details of sexual practice, and the modes of couples life, like agreed monogamy, agreed polygamy etc are entirely the responsibility of the involved individuals and are not forced by religions, society or other groups. The erotic life is liberated from fear, feelings of guilt, humiliation, superstitions, lies, pretence and deception.
6) Family is encouraged as long as there is parental and social possibility of decent survival. The children growing up is protected.
The principle of ethical social life
7) The main ethical values in a community are spiritual freedom, economic freedom and moral freedom. Also truth, trust, mutual support, responsible participation, and a similar experience of life of shared values.
8) The basic principles of what democracy means, as a win-win interplay of the individual and the collective, are respected and the details of how it is conducted are re-decided according the size of the communities.
The principle of love
9) The keys for a non-violent and happy life in intimate relations are truth, and respect of any explicit agreements for the time interval agreed, plus love free from, lies, fear, humiliation, guilt, pretence, hypocricy, and violence.
10) The diamond rule:
11) Emotional life, is very important for most of the people, and cultivation of higher virtues like hope, faith, enthusiasm, loyalty, optimism, fairness , sympathy, kindness, cheerfulness, humour, altruism etc. is a primary orientation
V5: For economics, communication, creativity, and reputation:
The principle of creative human being
12) Each one receives according to its needs and constributes according to its abilities. Wealth must be acquired by the application of (scientific) power from humans to the nature and matter (progressive economics), not from humans to humans (regressive economics).
13) Creativity is to be respected and desired both in the life of the individual and in collective community activities. Creativity is one of the most significant expressions of our spirituality.Creativity may act as norm and discipline in daily life, may cure alienation and facilitates individuation.
The principle of happy intellectual life
Scientific technology must be
V7:For spirituality and the cosmos:
The principle of a free will, eternally improving, spiritual human being
18) Ultimately human beings are , spiritual beings. We may think of breathing as a metaphor for the spiritual interplay.Life would not be worth living without self inner analysis and perpetual improvement. Inner-attention, inner-listening, cultivation of visions, meditation, or praying, self-knowledge, cultivation of positive mental and emotional attitudes etc, are primary goals.Science seeks to produce effects with the horizontal causality within the material density-reality. But as spiritual human beings we have also miraculous abilities of producing effects through vertical-causality (spiritual intention) among the different material densities-realities and levels of consiousness . To become balanced spiritual human beings we have to balance those two different ways of producing effects.
19) The paths to spirituality, religions and the search for the sacred and non-sacred are many. We value freedhom of religion.
20) Attending the world with a more true knowledge is changing ourselves for the better. We value the research of the origins of humanity, civilization and different life-forms. The values of interplay between different communities and societies apply as well for different planetary civilizations of the galaxy.
21) The critical and important decisions about the road that the individual and the civilizations is headed in economics, technology power, and galactic affiliations, cannot be taken outside the individual, outside transparent social developments, and outside transparent democratic politics, in a secrete way, by private groups , enterprises and power secrete state-based groups, more powerful than the governments and democracy.
A timely sequence of the evolution process of creative changing or creating the self based on the choice of new values, is as follows
The private space:
5.2) Embrace our own hidden-self :
The public space: